2010 m. rugsėjo 16 d., ketvirtadienis

Epica live in Lithuania – Review




How I Designed My Universe on Sunday evening. (Photos by Junija Tamošiūnaitė)

Sometimes dreams come true even not dreaming about them a lot. I wasn`t expecting to see Epica in Lithuania soon, so I was thinking to visit them somewhere in Europe in a couple of years, but here they are standing in front of me.

I won`t do a big introduction, so lets move forward to my impressions of one hell of a show.

First thing that came to my mind when I arrived to the club where the show was held, was the lack of audience. I felt ashamed for my country, that a band which gathers thousands of fans everywhere, found only 200 people here. But as it came clear later – What a people they were!

So with us shouting Epica, they started and I immediately realized what is the benefit of small venue – The contact between the band and the audience. This time I have chosen an headbanging evening (in order to see one of my favorite bands from a close distance) instead of better sound quality by standing somewhere in the middle of the venue and I have no regrets, cause being so close to the band you love and make fun is amazing (especially when my hair got stuck in one of the guitars ;D). 

So what`s the pluses of the performance?

The setlist was amazing (even if I missed Mother of Light and Kingdom of Heaven). Band played songs from all their albums and it was amazing, especially for those who follows the band since the beginning.

Then the sound and heaviness. For example I never have noticed that “Consign to Oblivion: or “Fools of Damnation” are such a heavy tracks. When I came back home I checked them again and I was right. The band made them much heavier during the live performance and made us to feel pain in the neck for a couple of days.

Furthermore, the band communicated with the crowd as they were friends for a very long time. That made a strong impact to me, cause usually such caliber bands are not so down to earth.

The whole performance wasn`t something boundaries breaking, but it was cosy. For example: The lights were perfectly attached to music, even if there wasn`t so many special effects. Everything in it`s place.

If I have to mention drawbacks, the first thing that comes into my mind is too short setlist. But taking the hot and smoke at the club in to consideration, I believe the band did everything they could to make us enjoy their job as long as possible. 

Despite the small amount of people, the Band seemed to be very happy and pleased by our support. Well yeah, there were some persons who were acting, if I could say unprofessional, or maybe more Obsessive (it fits perfectly in this context), but I hope the band didn`t scared off and they will really be comin back as they have promised.  
I wish the band good luck in their upcoming European tour, and I hope that next time Epica will be promoted better in Lithuania, and they will play in Vilnius, and then they see, what Lithuanian fans are really made of.
A big THANK YOU to all Epica members and the crew.

Setlist:

Samadhi
Resign to Surrender 
Sensorium
Fool Of Damnation
Unleashed
Martyr Of The Free World
Cry For The Moon
Tides of Time
Blank Infinity
The Obsessive Devotion
Design Your Universe
Quietus
Sancta Terra 
Consign to Oblivion  
 



 
Performance - 9
Show – 8
Sound – 8
Effects – 8



Komentarų nėra:

Rašyti komentarą